Saturday, January 07, 2006

Medicine?

Sometimes, I took a step back to wonder. Is medicine a right course for me? At night, right before I had my eyelids closed, I would, AT TIMES, wonder, should I choose this course? It's a hard one but it can be achieved. Do I have the interest in it? Even I myself can't answer that. God knows. Wish th "salty hat" in THE HARRY POTTER does exist. Thus, it can certainly tells me which field should I venture. Why? Why medic?Is doctor a profession that can fullfill my wishes? What are my wishes anyway? Even the gray matter in my head can't answer that I guess. Take an example, Dr.Stew. Is he the one that inspire me to become a doctor? Don't ask me! What does a doctor offer? Let's see:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
First, he mobiles around with one of these...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Surely, he must have graduated from here...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
He owns one lot here but he DOESN'T LIVE HERE!! Then, what's the point of buying? Investment?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
and he communicate with at least 3 figure price tags item from this brand!!!

So, clearly, isn't doctor's life wonderful? Rich? Hm.. but does anyone ever wonder why doctor's pay is high, no less, starting from 3K atleast? Don't anyone realised that the Philipino sweat more than a doctor does? In other words, they work more than doctors! One may say that it is doctors' skills that "sells" themselves at such a high price. but, can a doctor mix cement well? can a doctor build high rise buildings? Look, the architec and engineer's work might count in high rise building but who risk heir lives building it, climbing up to sky-high altitudes? it;'s none other than those workers! but why their pay is so small? It can only be 10%-20% of a doctor's salary? Still, doctors defend themselves by claiming that they save lives! THINK AGAIN! Let's say a worker accidentally fainted or stop breathing. Will a doctor be the one to perform CPR? NO! It would be his colleague to bring him alive again if possible. What if it's impossible? He will be sent to the hospital instead. And upon arrival, doctors found him dead, tow him into emergency room, try to bring him alive with ### (i duno what they call, u know the two things where they press on d man's chest and he will jump), and when they failed (most probably because by the time he arrived at the hospital, it would be too late, they pronounced DOA (Dead on arrival)So, in such cases, should doctor get extra pay?
Anyhow, I won't a deny a doctor's profession in other cases. DOCTORS DO SAVE LIVES! Still, thinking back, doctors' houses are big, grand and expencive. But who build them? I mean BUILD, not design! Workers!!Workers with low salary! Without them, where would doctors live? Even the doctors' office a.k.a. HOSPITAL was built by those workers!
So why must there be such a big difference in both their salaries? Maybe the doctor's high salary is to pay for whatever they have spent while studying to get the degree...
Anyhow, where am I actually heading? My topic is totally out! Well, still Doctor is good...That's what they claimed. Now, every parent want their children to become doctors, even when their child can't even spell the word CELL! Why? Is it because Malaysia is short of doctors? Well, that may ONLY CONTRIBUTE 1% of the factors. The others, I won't comment, let them think!
Well, is my luck fated to become a doctor? we'ill see. Let SPM decide. IB could be my next destination but Matrik won't leave herself out of the list! Till then, all I can do is pray, pray and pray; unlike those days: study, study and study!
Guess that's all for now! The next time I would most probably Blog about "Education System Must Change"...Just wait for the time to come!

No comments: