Thursday, October 11, 2007

Interviews hit the line?

"a guy who failed two interviews because he was too nervous. He went to his GP who gave him some betablockers and he failed third time round because he was too chilled!"
quoted from NewMediaMedicine

Interesting huh?
Interviews might be rolling down these days, that's if you get it. And the next question you would probably have in your head is how do I face it? How do I prepare? Right before your very eyes, your teacher or placement officer probably had given you a list of question that you might encounter by chance. Still, what are the chances for you to walk in there, stay calm (not too calm as quoted) and give a favorable reply for every question that they address? Staying calm is the key, but not to all university doors. Too chilled don't work but how to make sure that we are at the moderate level, just the level that the interviewers are looking for? Really pray that I won't encounter such problems ahead.

"Why medicine?"
An interesting yet disastrous question. Honestly, till this very moment, I'm still asking myself. Well, if easy life and easy money comes in mind, doctor's out. Some say, if you're not in denial of that fact and you believe a doctor's life will improve some day, perhaps you're the one they are looking for. Despite my personal statement is no where within my reach (UCAS has it), I'm still wondering the right answer to this question. To serve the nation? Or to serve the world where empathy is lacking? This career is people-oriented, some say. But while I tried to figure out the example of "people-oriented" cases, my searches were all in vain (well, this is Malaysia).

Will I get an interview? aha! That's should be the perfect question I should ask now! Well, did hear from my friends that some of them are offered interviews by Cambridge. Congrats to them. Mentioning about Cambridge, why hadn't I take the attempt? Well, it's not that I consider Cambridge has no life, but to be honest, I spent 700bucks for a non-living thing to tell me that I'm nothing more than a normal student out there. My grades never portray any sign that I am a potential applicant (genuine applicant). So why risk one of my four hopes? Back to the issue, till now I haven't receive any interview offers yet. Will I? hm... Reading all the forums in NMM really shatter my dreams into debris. Really hope I had done better in UKCAT. Friends do assure me that it's just a part of the requirements, there are still hopes on other criteria. Grades, I'm out (not completely though). But the competition is stiff. Stuart Little once quoted, there's always a silver lining on the other side of the story. That's what I can pray and hope for now, positive sign from different point of views...

No comments: