Friday, September 19, 2008

MARK the 27! (III)

"Unfortunately you will not be able to check in .... as you are arriving outside of our opening times. Enclosed is a link to alternative accommodation providers for the night. You have been booked an arrival slot of ...."

Those words dropped like a thousand tonnes of bomb in my Inbox as soon as I was out of bed this morning. The first thing that crossed my mind, DEEP SHIT! WHERE AM I GONNA BUNK? THE FOLLOWING DAY IS THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION DAY!

Dropped outa bed and immediately, I did a few things:

#1: Called up Nepline Travel and attempting to change my Amsterdam-Bristol flight. They informed me it's impossible cuz my transit period will be too short if I changed to an earlier flight. A minimum of 3 hours is needed? And I was like asking myself, which idiot created this rule? Then the other half in me slap me in return: Which idiot would ask this kinda question? How if your flight delay? Oh ok... Yeah. I had been an idiot for some time. Then I checked KLM website. There's a flight at 12.30pm and there's still abundant seats. Screw that fella! Not intending to call back cuz I doubt it can change the situation=leave it to last resort!

I popped a second question asking the check in bag allowance can be extended to 30kgs since KLM allows 30kgs. That guy promise to call me up in 30 minutes time, and I have been waiting for the past 2 hours. No intention to call back ~waste money. Gambling with the extra 10kgs!

#2: Tried calling the other 3 girls who will be flying with me. Negative response. Neither of them picked up nor return call.

#3: Send a few messages to the seniors there. They gave me promising response. *relief* A second thought crossed my mind. It's way of a hassles to bunk in their place. P suggested that I call up WC instead of the Dominion Group (which handles the accomodation of WC)

Right, I will call them up and see what awaits me this afternoon...

FURTHER Suggestions?

5 comments:

iamlz said...

Of course need 3 hours for transit lar..for the procedures.

Just stay in the seniors' house. I'm sure they are willing to let u in.

*hmm..u think if u just fly to heathrow, will these problems arise? :P

Chin said...

complaint! To the university, as u always do :p

The Bloody Stethoscope said...

lz: got a place to stay d.. just that don't feel like mafan them. Heathrow? and spend on the coach and cab fares? no thanx. Plus, I'm sure that few would have ask the same Q as you.

"Who would wanna drag those big bags to the bus? and the fares ain't cheap either."

Ah... you're just being jealous I guess. I bet the train ride from Dublin to NUI was "interesting"... bluek!!!

J: complain? siaw a... u think like the MONEY NO ENOUGH 2 meh? everything also can kao pe kao bu a?? haha

iamlz said...

Yea u r right, it's really interesting with seniors helping us with the bags!! XD
Haiya, always look for solutions la!
Oh, forgot that you are a guy who still have to help yourself anyhow..

The Bloody Stethoscope said...

the 3 numbers, aren't they solution?